Careers in Weatherization
Insulation • Home Efficiency • Diagnostic Testing
Careers in weatherization offer...
- competitive wages while you learn – the cost of your training is covered.
- benefits that can include health care, retirement, vacation, and sick leave.
- a career pathway that is technical or administrative, depending on your interest.
- skills and experience that move with you anywhere in the country. Weatherization is a multibillion-dollar industry, with work in every county and state.
- work that can improve your neighborhood and help the most vulnerable residents by making their homes safer to live in and more energy-efficient.
Sample Career Pathway
0-2 YEARS >
Retrofit Installer Technician
2-3 YEARS >
1-2 YEARS >
Quality Control Inspector
Home performance Installer/Technicians perform a variety of activities to weatherize homes and make them more energy efficient, healthy and safe.
A home performance Auditor is a specialized consultant who helps assess and improve the energy efficiency of residential buildings.
Quality Control Inspectors verify the compliance of energy retrofit work on single family and multi-family residential buildings, based on applicable installation standards and codes.