Careers in Weatherization
Insulation • Home Efficiency • Diagnostic Testing
Careers in weatherization offer...
- competitive wages while you learn – the cost of your training is covered.
- benefits that can include health care, retirement, vacation, and sick leave.
- a career pathway that is technical or administrative, depending on your interest.
- skills and experience that move with you anywhere in the country. Weatherization is a multibillion-dollar industry, with work in every county and state.
- work that can improve your neighborhood and help the most vulnerable residents by making their homes safer to live in and more energy-efficient.
Sample Career Pathway
0-2 YEARS >
Retrofit Installer Technician
2-3 YEARS >
1-2 YEARS >
Quality Control Inspector
Home performance Installer/Technicians perform a variety of activities to weatherize homes and make them more energy efficient, healthy and safe.
Home performance Crew Leaders supervise the installation of energy efficiency upgrades, closely monitoring crew performance, work quality, safety, and customer needs.
A home performance Auditor is a specialized consultant who helps assess and improve the energy efficiency of residential buildings.
Quality Control Inspectors verify the compliance of energy retrofit work on single family and multi-family residential buildings, based on applicable installation standards and codes.